Monday, December 28, 2020

The Best Beauty Products I Tried in 2020

To mark the end of 2020, it’s time for my year-end blog tradition—sharing my favorite beauty products of the year. Here’s a quick recap of my year: I continued to spend all my money at Sephora and renewed my Rouge status going into 2021. I barely shopped at Ulta (what’s wrong with me?). I tried a few celeb makeup lines. I went the entire year without getting my hair cut or colored (thanks COVID!). And perhaps the highlight of my year, I bought a house! Here’s a list of the top beauty products I tried in 2020. ILIA Liquid Powder Chromatic Eye Tint : I have the shade Dim, a beautiful pearl gray lavender. I find the formula to be similar to Glossier Lidstar, except more expensive but the staying power is unreal. Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush : Back in September, Selena Gomez launched a makeup line with everything priced under $30. I went a little cray cray and hauled a bunch of products and the Liquid Blush is definitely the hero product of the line. I have two shades Happy (cool dewy pink) and Bliss (pinky nude with a matte finish). I love the doe foot applicator, product size and the packaging. Glossier Skywash : It wasn’t exactly love at first application when Glossier launched a sheer matte lid tint . Some of the shades are patchy and not complementary with my cool undertone; however, over time I’ve come to love a couple of these shades and use often. Pool is a cornflower blue that works as a beautiful pop of color. I also love using Pebble, a neutral taupe, that barely shows up on my lids but somehow works really well as an eyeshadow base when paired with Lidstar in Cub and Lily. Lauren Conrad Beauty:  Another celebrity beauty line launch I was hyped about this year came from one of my favorite reality stars, Lauren Conrad. Albeit expensive, the line is environmentally friendly and ethically sourced. Of the products I tried from her line, my favorites include The Liquid Eyeliner and The Eyeshadow Palette in Magic Hour. The Liquid Eyeliner does a great job hugging my lash line and easy to control for creating the perfect flick. The mauve and plum shades in the Magic Hour palette is what made me purchase and I love it so much. Undone Beauty Water Bronzer (gifted): Earlier this year I was introduced to a vegan, affordable makeup line. It’s the epitome of makeup for the beauty minimalist. My favorite product I’ve tried so far is the water-based bronzing stick, which is infused with coconut water. It blends beautifully with a damp sponge and gives me much needed warmth to my pale complexion. Maybelline Lifter Gloss :  This gloss is made with hyaluronic acid so lips stay hydrated all day and it smells so good! Covergirl Clean Fresh Skin Milk Foundation :  I haven’t used a drugstore foundation in years but I absolutely love the dewy finish and seamlessly blurs my imperfections. Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm : I’ve always used Micellar water and a gel cleanser to remove my makeup but this cleansing balm completely changed my routine. The balm is incredibly soft on my skin, removes all my makeup and minimizes the pores around my nose. Briogeo Rosarco Milk Leave-in Conditioner : I’m a creature of habit when it comes to my hair routine but I ran out of my old Redken leave-in conditioner and wanted to try something else. This leave-in conditioner helps detangle after I step out of the shower, minimizes frizz and leaves my hair feeling soft. Beakey Makeup Sponges : I don’t think I’ll ever buy another Beauty Blender again. These are the ultimate dupe to the popular makeup sponge and they work so well with blending creamy formulas. It’s a 5-piece makeup sponge set that costs only $9. Laneige Cica Sleeping Mask : I knew I wanted to try more Laneige skincare products after I first tried the Lip Sleeping Mask last year. This sleeping mask didn’t disappoint! It’s an easy overnight mask to help soothe stressed out skin and it does all the work while you sleep. I always wake up to smooth, hydrated skin. What were your favorite beauty products in 2020? The post The Best Beauty Products I Tried in 2020 appeared first on The Beauty Minimalist .
The Best Beauty Products I Tried in 2020 posted first on https://healthandstyleinstitute.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment